Montgomery County DWI Defense Lawyer
Defending Drunk Driving Charges in Montgomery County, Texas
There are a number of ways that an attorney may defend a client who is facing Montgomery County DWI charges. The specific DWI defenses used will depend upon the particulars of the case and charges, as well as the specific goals of the client and attorney. However, the main goal in these situations is to prove that the driver was not driving while intoxicated; that is, was not operating a motor vehicle while impaired by alcohol and/or drugs or with a blood alcohol concentration of .08% or greater.
By disproving evidence, witness testimony, test results and more, a Montgomery County DUI defense lawyer may be able to help a driver avoid a conviction altogether.
Montgomery County DWI Defense Strategies
When Montgomery County DWI defense attorney Doug Atkinson takes on a new driving while intoxicated case, he will review all aspects of the initial police stop, arrest,
breath and blood tests,
field sobriety tests and every other significant detail in order to determine exactly what defense strategies to use. Following are some defenses which we have found useful in the past:
- Initial Police Stop:
- Did the officer actually observe behavior which indicated that you may have been drunk driving?
- Field Sobriety Tests:
- Did you have physical condition or injury which made performing a field sobriety test difficult or impossible?
- Were you given poor instructions as to how to conduct the test?
- Were field sobriety tests conducted and evaluated properly?
- Did poor road or weather conditions contribute to balance or coordination issues?
- Breath Tests:
- Was the breath test machine calibrated properly?
- Did law enforcement wait an unreasonable amount of time after your arrest to administer the test?
- Was the breath test conducted properly?
- Blood Tests:
- Did a qualified professional administer the test?
- Was the blood sample taken, handled and tested properly?
- Cross Examination of Arresting Officer:
- A cross examination during a Montgomery County DWI trial by an experienced defense lawyer may bring certain information or evidence to light which proves protocol was not correctly followed or that mistakes were made which would put doubt in the jury’s mind regarding guilt.
Contact Montgomery County DWI defense lawyer
Doug Atkinson today regarding your case!